Professor Embedded System Architectures
Eindhoven University of Technology ( TU/e ),
Faculty of Electrical Engineering
Electronic Systems (ES)
FLUX building (4.134)
De Rondom 70
5612 AP Eindhoven
tel: (+31) 40 247 5462 / 5195
email: h.corporaal at tue.nl
- News items
- Lecture on Embbeded
Visual Control starts on April 19, 2021, at 10.45.
- For TU/e students check the EVC canvas
- The EVC course is project based. Students will design an
autonomously driving solar car.
- Lecture on Intelligent
Architectures, 5LIL0, starts in Q3 Feb 2021, Tuesday
Feb 2, 10 45h
- See also my other courses
including versions from many previous years.
- Next Computation II (5EIB0) started on Feb 2021. See
paper award at ISLPED, July 2019
"An Automated Approximation Methodology for Arithmetic
by Sayandip De, Jos Huisken and Henk Corporaal
- New article on "Near-Memory Computing: Past, Present,
and Future", published in MICPRO 2019
- Big program on Efficient Deep
Learning, supported by NWO and over 30
industrial companies, has been accepted. Kick-off was in
- The ZERO perspectief
program, on zero energy systems, started early 2018,
is now up-and-running.
Research and running projects
All my projects, both
currently active projects and finished projects.
This includes projects executed at TUD (Delft University of
Technology) (1986-2001), and at TU/e (Eindhoven University of
Technology), since 2001.
My current research is executed withing the PARSE laboratory.
Parallel Architecture Research Eindhoven
- This is the main site of our TU/e Computer Architecture
- Among others, we are researching CGRAs, coarse grain
reconfigurable architectures for flexible and extreme low energy
computing; see our CGRA website
- An overview of most of my current and previous Courses
- Includes course at TU/e (Eindhoven), TUDelft, Leiden
University, NUS (National Univ. of Singapore), and for ASCI
(Advanced Institute on Computing and Imaging, The
- Interested in a mini Network-on-Chip targeted towards FPGAs?
Check out our
mMIPS Network page.
We used this in several courses on computer architecture.
- My PhD & PDEng students at TU/e
/ TUDelft / KUleuven
- Master students (pdf) at TU/e and TUDelft, since 1986
- Literature suggestions on
computer architecture and embedded systems. Overview of
interesting conferences and journals.
Software and Tools from our group
- Extension of SDF: SADF
(Scenario Aware Data Flow), combining analytic power of
(C)SDF with dynamism
- MAMPS Multi-Application
- SDF3: SDF For
Free, a set of high freely available SDF (Synchronous Data Flow)
and CSDF (Cyclo-Static Data Flow) analysis, transformation,
graph generation and visualization tools
System-Level Design with the SHE Methodology.
POOSL (Parallel Object-Oriented Specification Language) is used
to describe, analyse and synthesize hard- and soft-realtime
systems. Synthesis is correct modulo a small timing deviation,
i.e. the implemented system has the same timing properties as
the high level description in POOSL.
tools: Generate simulation models from XML specifications
of NoC-based MPSOC systems.
- Always wanted to know what users do with your products? Check
within the soft
- Is your application dynamism getting out of control? Check our
How to contact me
Phone: (+31) 40-247 5462 / 5195
Fax: (+31) 40-243 3066
E-Mail: H.Corporaal at tue dot