Professor Embedded System Architectures
Eindhoven University of Technology ( TU/e ),
Faculty of Electrical Engineering
Electronic Systems (ES)
FLUX building (4.134)
De Rondom 70
5612 AP Eindhoven
tel: (+31) 40 247 5462 / 5195
email: h.corporaal at tue.nl
- News items
- Lecture on Embbeded
Visual Control starts on April 19, 2021, at 10.45.
- For TU/e students check the EVC canvas
- The EVC course is project based. Students will design an
autonomously driving solar car.
- Lecture on Intelligent
Architectures, 5LIL0, starts in Q3 Feb 2021, Tuesday
Feb 2, 10 45h
- See also my other courses
including versions from many previous years.
- Next Computation II (5EIB0) started on Feb 2021. See
paper award at ISLPED, July 2019
"An Automated Approximation Methodology for Arithmetic
by Sayandip De, Jos Huisken and Henk Corporaal
- New article on "Near-Memory Computing: Past, Present,
and Future", published in MICPRO 2019
- Big program on Efficient Deep
Learning, supported by NWO and over 30
industrial companies, has been accepted. Kick-off was in
- The ZERO perspectief
program, on zero energy systems, started early 2018,
is now up-and-running.
- Successful launch of REXUS
rocket with our PR3 payloads, March 11, 2019
- PR3: Payload for Radiation
measurement and Radio-interferometry
- Experiment 1: precise rocket localization (10 cm
- Experiment 2: radiation measurement using low cost
off-the-shelve cameras (and comparison with scintillation
Research and running projects
All my projects, both
currently active projects and finished projects.
This includes projects executed at TUD (Delft University of
Technology) (1986-2001), and at TU/e (Eindhoven University of
Technology), since 2001.
My current research is executed withing the PARSE laboratory.
Parallel Architecture Research Eindhoven
- This is the main site of our TU/e Computer Architecture
- Among others, we are researching CGRAs, coarse grain
reconfigurable architectures for flexible and extreme low energy
computing; see our CGRA website
- An overview of most of my current and previous Courses
- Interested in a mini Network-on-Chip targeted towards FPGAs?
Check out our
mMIPS Network page.
We used this in several courses on computer architecture.
- PhD students at
- Master students at TU/e (* to be filled in *)
- Previous PhD
Students at TUDelft
- Previous Master
Students at TUDelft
- Literature suggestions on
computer architecture and embedded systems. Overview of
interesting conferences and journals.
Software and Tools from our group
- Extension of SDF: SADF
(Scenario Aware Data Flow), combining analytic power of
(C)SDF with dynamism
- MAMPS Multi-Application
- SDF3: SDF For
Free, a set of high freely available SDF (Synchronous Data Flow)
and CSDF (Cyclo-Static Data Flow) analysis, transformation,
graph generation and visualization tools
System-Level Design with the SHE Methodology.
POOSL (Parallel Object-Oriented Specification Language) is used
to describe, analyse and synthesize hard- and soft-realtime
systems. Synthesis is correct modulo a small timing deviation,
i.e. the implemented system has the same timing properties as
the high level description in POOSL.
tools: Generate simulation models from XML specifications
of NoC-based MPSOC systems.
- Always wanted to know what users do with your products? Check
within the soft
- Is your application dynamism getting out of control? Check our
How to contact me
Phone: (+31) 40-247 5462 / 5195
Fax: (+31) 40-243 3066
E-Mail: H.Corporaal at tue dot