Next: Speculative execution
Up: Literature overview considering Instruction
- Register allocation using graph
coloring [et al, 1981, Briggs, 1992, Pinter, 1993].
- Register allocation and phase ordering
problem [Janssen and Corporaal, 1997, Sweany and Beaty, 1990].
See also chapter 3 of [Lilja and Bird, 1994] on register requirements for high
performance code scheduling (written by Bill Mangione-Smith).
- Register allocation in combination with predicates [Gillies et al., 1996].
- Register allocation heuristics [Rompaey et al., 1992].
- Register file partitioning [Janssen and Corporaal, 1995, Capitanio et al., 1992]; see also
the allocation and scheduling
approach for the Bulldog/Multiflow [Ellis, 1986].
- Register file design of superscalar processors [Farkas et al., 1997b].
- Surpressing writebacks [Martin et al., 1997].
Tue Mar 10 11:20:49 CET 1998